Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Quick Note on Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Just in case you're wondering where the reviews are for the other Percy Jackson books (and you know you are), here's the deal. I finished the third one (The Titan's Curse) and am almost done with the fourth (The Battle of the Labyrinth). I will probably wait until the fifth and last (The Last Olympian) hits paperback, since all my others are paperback and I'm OCD enough to want a complete, unified set. As far as reviews go, I'm not going to do proper reviews of the rest of the books but will probably do a series review upon completion.

This is mostly due to redundancy: I pretty much have the same things to say for these books as I did Book 2. They're funny, they're terribly clever, they're inventive, and they impress me to no end in terms of bringing the old myths into modern settings. The characters (namely Percy and Annabeth, but certainly the others as well) mature tremendously and have become compelling personalities in their own rights. The Titan's Curse is probably my least favorite so far, but that's like saying Finding Nemo is my least favorite Pixar movie. They're all very, very good - even the "least impressive" one.

Don't miss out on this series. You'd be doing yourself a terrible disservice.

2 comments:

  1. If Finding Nemo is your least favorite Pixar movie, I would really like to know what your favorites are...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Story, Up, WALL-E, in that order.

    ReplyDelete