Friday, June 11, 2010

Oh Noes! My Summer!

Thanks to a long and very uninteresting story that ends with me having been two hours short of officially graduating for some time now, I have enrolled in a summer school course that will last through the end of June.

Because of this, I'll be spending this month primarily reading a textbook, so you probably won't see any book reviews until July, with the exception of one book that I read recently that I just haven't reviewed quite yet.  I'm still pretty drained from The Knight and The Wizard, so I've been reading some books (In a Sunburnt Country, by Bill Bryson - known as Down Under internationally - and Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell) that are only considered fiction by people who don't believe in traveling or the human brain.  Both are excellent, by the way, but since they've nothing to do with sci-fi or fantasy, I don't feel the need to review them on this blog.

Anyway, my focus for the next month will be on the horde of movies I've yet to see/review; namely, Robin Hood, Shrek Forever After, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Splice, A-Team, The Karate Kid, Jonah Hex, Toy Story 3, and Twilight Saga: Eclipse.  I'll have my work cut out for me, it would seem.

Also, another quick update for my 2010 movie preview.  Red Dawn, which was set to come out November 24, has been pushed back because its studio, MGM, is, shall we say, having some technical difficulties at this time.  I haven't heard of a new release date yet, but I think we can safely say that it will be at least 2011 before we get to watch a group of American punks take on Communism.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment