Monday, July 12, 2010

A Note on My Failure

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands of you reading this are wondering where my posts have gone to lately, what my thoughts are on Prince of Persia, A-Team, and Jonah Hex, and how my month of summer classes went.

I guess you could say that all of these are related.  My summer class is over and gone now.  The joy of taking a course at a community college after having spent the past few years at a state university is that, for my first test, I drove to campus after work, picked up my textbook (last one in stock, whew!), skimmed the first 11 chapters for a few minutes, then went in and got a 100 on my test.  This class was stupidly easy, but it did take up a fair amount of my time (that first test aside), giving me less nights on which to see the movies I've dedicated myself to seeing for the sake of this blog.  Also, during this time my wife and several of her co-workers (all female, it's worth noting) spent three Tuesdays in a row watching each of the three Twilight movies, thus taking up more nights that would otherwise be spent watching dudes parachute to safety in a CGI tank.  Add this to the fact that Jonah Hex was in - and out! - of theaters faster than it takes my 18-pound thundercat to make it to the kitchen upon hearing the food hit her dish, and voila!  I have my first trio of missed movies!

I think A-Team, at least, is still in a handful of theaters somewhere in the city, but since I've already missed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Jonah Hex: The Nail in Megan Fox's Career's Coffin, I figure I might as well make a trilogy of my failures and just wait until the three of them hit Netflix in the fall.  The way I see it, as long as I watch the movies before the year's end, I still win, so don't you worry: at some point this year, you'll finally learn exactly what I think of these TV show, videogame, and comic book adaptations, respectively.  In the meantime, if you need to find me, I'll be busy seeing Inception.  And Predators.  And Toy Story 3.  And Despicable Me.  And whatever the hell else comes out this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment